Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dream Came True

I wrote this post less than a decade ago! It was June 23, 2005 to be exact. I will repost it again to prove to myself  and to inspire others that  dreams do come true in God’s perfect time. 

 Viaje


It’s always been my passion to travel from places to places and my wildest dream to travel all over the world. When you travel, you will realize that the earth is indeed too big waiting for us to get explored with. We will realize that there is more life out there other than the life we are having as of the moment. Anyway, life is too short. We are given the opportunity to live it to the fullest the best way we can.

I remember back then when I was only on my elementary year’s, maybe grade two or three. I started to write down telephone numbers of different travel and tours that I see in newspapers and magazines. After jotting down every minute detail of the said travel & tours, I safely keep my address book in my drawer and locked it immediately knowing that someday, I can use it in my future travels.  Flood of dreams and imaginations swirling in my head right after I wrote the contact numbers.  I began to dream awake that someday, I will be sitting in the front row of the very talented Michael Jackson’s concert screaming and going loco in every song he sang, or be at the top of the Statue of Liberty with the giant flame at her hand just beyond my reach or having my rides on the ever-famous Disneyland with all of my favorite Disney characters, or ice skiing at the snow of Alaska or shopping all day and all night long at the city that never sleeps, New York and most of all the 7,107 islands of my country, the Philippines.

Months and years have passed in my teens when my desire to travel outside the country increased up to its maximum level. I grew impatient and I badly need lots of bucks so I could start my travel. I even wish that I could get invisible so that Airline Companies won't notice me when I make my entrance at the plane! If not, I could win the lottery so that money will not be a problem anymore. But the thing is, it was very impossible. So I thought to myself, if I go to college, I will take up Tourism course or any course related to it. But due to circumstances that are beyond my control, I was not able to do so.

Che Che Lazaro of the Probe Team was such an inspiration and is still an inspiration to me. I used to watch her show before entitled "Che Che Lazaro Presents" even if it aired late at night at around 12 midnight, Sundays on GMA Television. The show is all about travel. She's been to different parts of the world. I envy her for that. Too bad…


After college graduation, I eventually found a job. Reality strikes. With my earnings, travel I think would be the least priority. It was as hard as getting straight A's in your college grade. But on the other side of the coin, I am grateful enough because though I was not able to go to countries other than the Philippines, I was able to see my very own country, the Philippines from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. I've been to the best islands and resorts that are world class.


As of the moment, I am still very young and I have life ahead of me. The earth is round. Anything can happen. Before we know it, we already have it. As long as we live in that dream, and believe in our dreams, nothing is impossible.

Dream Came True 
Now the moment I was waiting for had finally came. My first ever out of the country trip to Hong Kong. It was less that a week trip but I had the time of my life! I had a blast and I super enjoyed it so much that I want more! I can still remember how I felt when I first embarked on the trip. It was a different kind of feeling. A childhood dream came true! And when it came true, the feeling was overwhelming that the memories linger for months. That was so memorable that until now, I can still feel the same feelings I had six years ago.


Memories Caught on Camera


Countries Visited 
After Hong Kong, I've been to Singapore for nth time, twice in Malaysia and once in Batam, Indonesia. The dream doesn't end here. I am still dreaming that someday, I can travel the whole world. It may be quite impossible but I am keeping my fingers cross all the time.

Dream & Believe.

Thanks for reading!
 xoxo,
jackie 

No comments:

Post a Comment