Friday, November 21, 2014

A Beautiful Family Celebration

Days ago, before the double celebration (74th birthday celebration of my mother-in-law and 53rd wedding anniversary), we were informed that it will be an overnight celebration at the beach. So I needed to have everything prepared for me and my little boy as well as other stuff needed while we were there. And having a toddler with me, all the stuff that he needed was all packed. From milk, milk bottles, foods, beach essentials, clothes, his favorite pillows, etc.  

The planned day one jump-off should be after lunch, but since others had important engagements (it was a Friday), we decided to go ahead of the group so as to enjoy the much anticipated sunset. So we left past 2PM, and headed to my sister-in-law's best friend at Alabel, Sarangani Province to fetch her. 

After everything (foods, importantly) was tucked inside our SUV car, we headed straight to our destination. We reserved a duplex units for the whole family. It was one of the best unit in the resort. Cozy, clean and very spacious that kids can run back and forth without hitting a thing. 

Time not wasted once we were at the beach. My son who loves swimming wasted no time too.  

Here are the snapshots while waiting for the sunset. 

Warming up. 
Mother and son.

Because kids just wanna have fun. 

Whale, shark and dolphin joined the fun too. 

Mimicking and feeling the famed Ice Bucket Challenge.

The SUNSET
Awesome beauty of mother nature. 








At NIGHT
We were complete already by this time. We ate our dinner and solemnly celebrated mom-in-law's (one day advance) birthday with the sounds of the chirping birds, insects and the soothing beach waves as our music. It was so raw and peaceful. No distractions, only pure talk. 
We had bonfire too which spiced up our mood for conversation. 

Still had energy for these.
My son didn't care about what's happening.
All he cared was to fill the pail with sand, unload it, and fill it up again. 

Day 2, Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014 
Happy birthday mom! We all love you! xoxo








My son's catch. Wow!


53 years of love. 
You know what guys, something scary yet funny at around noon of this day. While still enjoying the beach, my cousin-in-law hurriedly told us to pack up our things cause we were leaving right at that very moment. And then he started getting my son's toys and carried him on his arms. "Why?" I asked. "There is a tsunami alert in Indonesia and in a nearby town Kiamba, he said." I panicked and without batting an eyelash, headed straight to our room and packed everything up. We all did. And if I am not mistaken, it only took us around 10 to 15 minutes to pack up. I dressed up my son and myself without taking a bath using the fresh water. We had sand all over our body but I didn't care. What I cared was to just get everything done and leave pronto! 

******





Some Visuals

Aerial View / Photo Credit: pinoydiytraveler.wordpress.com
Photo Credit: Allan Barredo
Photo Credit: philippinehospitality.blogspot.com


Thanks for reading!
xoxo,
jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment