Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hello, Awesome Malaysia!

At last, I'm gonna be blogging my son's birthday celebration last August 28. I was really busy juggling my time as I have no household help anymore since we returned from our two months vacation in Singapore around first week of September until now. It's a good thing I know how to multitask so I carried it out quite well.

Time flies so fast. It seems only yesterday when I discovered I was pregnant, gave birth via CS section, celebrated his 1st basketball-themed birthday party at a hotel in the city, got married and now, the love of my life turned 2 years old already. Two years of happiness, pure joy and contentment. No amount of material things can equate the child God gave me. A blessing and truly a gift from Heaven.

For his second birthday, we celebrated it in Malaysia as planned. It became even more special because it was celebrated together with my family-in-laws who flew  in to Malaysia from the Philippines, the day before my son's birthday while my husband, son and me took our early flight to Malaysia  from Singapore where we were based at that moment.

It was actually a scheduled out of the country annual family vacation from the side of my husband. To make the vacation more meaningful, there were actually four reasons for the said trip.
  • Aug. 28 - My son's 2nd birthday 
  • Aug. 31 - My niece-in-law's birthday
  • Sept. 5 - My sister-in-law's birthday
  • Annual family vacation 
We really had a great time especially that it was my son's birthday. Being a mother, the joy seeing my son happy is priceless! With the trip that we had, I saw how my son enjoyed his day. I can't help but took lots of pictures of our trip.

This picture was taken on the eve of my son's birthday, We snapped pictures and our son gamely posed and mimicked our faces. So cute!


We were two hours early for our scheduled flight. While waiting, we saw this machine that will massage our feet for free! We grabbed the chance quickly fearing others might get ahead of us. Hahaha! It was really soothing especially with Lee Min Ho (Korean Superstar) at my back watching me. We didn't eat breakfast yet so we just had coffee at The Coffee Bean. 


Now boarding. 

Aug. 28, 2014 7:30AM - Departed Singapore's Changi International Airport, boarded TigerAir Flight No. TR2462 and arrived safely (thanks God) in more or less than an hour at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. 
Waiting for the train (KLIA Ekspres) that would take us to KL Central. We took the non-stop route to KL Central, then we rode a monorail and stopped at Imi Station, where our hotel was nearly located.




We took the train all by ourselves. Hahaha! Just kidding! We had a very comfortable ride with KLIA Ekspres. Well, aside from not so many passenger at that time, the train was very spacious, the seats were comfortable, equipped with digital entertainment and luggage racks. And most of all, it was the fastest way to travel to the city in less than 30 minutes! 

This was the hotel that we used to checked-in. It was not as grand as other hotels, but we had a nice stay. The staffs were pleasant and the hotel was more than decent enough to call our home while we were in Malaysia. 


Walking around the city to look for something to eat. And KFC was what we found for lunch. It was the only familiar restaurant. We can't decide that time what to eat because we were running out of time. 
Due to time constraints, the driver of the SUV that we rented out told us that this was the spot that they could take us to the famous KL's twin tower because at this time (almost 3 PM), traffic were building up and we had no luxury of time. We still had more places to go. 

Next stop was Istana Negara (National Palace). It is the Official Palace of His Majesty The Yang di-Pertuan Agong (1957–2011). Converted to Royal Museum year 2013 to present. 
It was only on the main gate that tourists flooded for picture taking. 

Our new Malaysian friend (at the back, center), the driver of the SUV that we rented out. He was a funny guy. He not only drove for us but was also a tourist guide telling us a brief information of a particular place, or any interesting facts about the country. 
The Bat Cave at Langkawi, Malaysia was our second to the last tourist spots that we went to for that day. We didn't climb up the stairs to where the bats were. Well, again, due to time constraints. But the The Lord Murugan Statue was beautiful! Such an awesome view and we didn't leave without photos taken. No way! 
According to Wikipedia, 'Lord Murugan Statue' (Tamil : முருகன் சிலை ; Bahasa Malaysia : Tugu Dewa Murugga )[1] is the talleststatue of Hindu deity in Malaysia[2][3] and second tallest statue of Hindu deity in world, only second place to theKailashnath Mahadev Statue in Nepal. It also the tallest statue in Malaysia at 42.7 metres (140 ft) in height. It located at the Sri Murugan Perumal Kovil at the foot of Batu Caves.[4] It took 3 years of construction and unveiled in January 2006 during Thaipusam festival.


Well, before we left, we bought souvenirs for our family, friends and love ones. 

At last, the highlight of our trip, Genting Highlands otherwise known as Resorts World Genting. Located on top of a hill and to get up there, we chose to ride a gondola lift (Genting Skyway) which was one hell of a ride! Woah! I was really scared (you know, the heights & all) but I really had a great time! The view above was spectacular! An amazing view not anybody can see and experience! I was lucky to have gone there twice already. 
Photo Credit: Yahoo
Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Photo Credit: Wikipedia


Now this ended our day 1 trip in awesome Malaysia. Happy Birthday once again our dear son. Looking forward on your 3rd birthday. Hope to celebrate it in Hong Kong, Disneyland! 

Thank you for reading! 
xoxo, 
jackie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment