Monday, December 29, 2014

Hello Again, Gap Farm Resort

Time flies really fast! 17 years have passed since my first visit and getting back here, with my family was kind of exciting. Exciting in a sense that all these years, Gap Farm Resort still exists. I presumed it was not operating anymore as there are already new tourist spots here in Davao City. But this one is time tested. There maybe a charm of this place that people still opt to visit it. 

I remember the first time I was here. We had an educational tour in my Sophomore year (1997). I still had my recollection of the place and until now, it's still there. Nothing has changed much though. It was still the Gap Farm I used to see years ago. But the good thing is, it was maintained. It's clean and green and the air up there was very refreshing! It was a nice place to talk about things, but with an awesome view. 

Gap Farm Resort


Gap Farm Resort is situated outside the hustle and bustle of the city of Davao. Located in the hilly part of Green Valley, Diversion Road, Ma-a, Davao City. It is a haven of fruits and it is interesting to walk around because of the terrain. It is once considered as a famous tourist attraction before. But surprisingly, I still saw tourists, mostly locals visited the resort. Popular for students having an educational tour and those who loves nature tripping. It's a 10 hectare land good for trekking and by just merely hanging around. You can have a picnic with family or camping with friends. It's really up to you how you can make it worth the trip. 


Now time for some visuals...

Upon entering Gap Farm, a huge marble imprint, "LAND OF PROMISE" is set on the steep part area which is clearly visible even when aboard a plane. 


A humongous concrete carabao with a farmer riding on its back welcomes tourists. Below it is the inscription of when Gap Farm is founded (1973). 


An added facility (after my previous visit), is an Olympic-sized pool. 

Parade of animals amused children especially my son who is so fond of animals.

The men in my life. 


Now let's go down there...
Upon seeing these, I imagined these greatest Filipino people and Philippine Presidents come alive at night. Remember the 2006 American fantasy adventure-comedy film, "Night at the Museum?" Hmmnnnn... 

Once of my son's favorite animals, horse! 

Parade of Philippine Indigenous Tribes.

An orchard of fruits maximized as children's park. 

"Ducks!" My son chased some of them. 

Letter "A" which stands for my husband's name, Aldrin Sr & Aldrin Jr. 


The air was so refreshing up here.

We were the last to leave. 

Thanks for reading & happy New Year everyone. 

xoxo,
Jackie :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment