Wednesday, October 22, 2014

In the Eyes of a Child

As my son is starting to explore more and more things every day, I find myself amused, awed and happy with all the things that he will do like speak new words, identify letters and colors, count numbers, and associate what he learned with the things he see.

Just like yesterday morning when we woke up, he went to the living room, lay down a bit, watch television for a while and went to the table where all his animal toys were all properly arrange (yes, he is quite an Obsessive Compulsive at his age) and saw the cow. He picked it up and said, "Cow!" And I nod to acknowledge he was right. Then he said the sound of the animal, "Mooooooo!" And then I nod again. And then he said again, "It has a penis." I was surprised because I was not expecting it.  So I look at the cow and was really amused. The cow's breasts mistook by my son as a penis. 

Just a few days ago, he played outside along with his cousin. He picked up a twig and said "Lion!" In the ABC nursery rhyme that he watched, L stands for Lion. 

A month ago until now, when he saw this laundry clip, he would always say, A... Apple.

A child see things differently than us adults. And what they saw is already a happiness to me or I say to us mothers. I am lucky being able to witness everyday my child's growing up. I learned that to be able to be a child again is to be with a child. Because being with them, you'll experience again the things that you used to do as a child and it's a different kind of feeling.  

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment