Friday, March 13, 2015

Let's Be A Kid Again at Port of Lost Wonder

The day before our family swimming escapade, my husband and I toured my "very impressed with Singapore" brother around Sentosa Island right after we were through with Sea Aquarium. After a long and tiring along the island, we ended up resting somewhere on Palawan Beach. For the nth time that we were here on the island, it was our first time to be in this part of Sentosa. We rested for a while watching some happy Indian family playing rugby at the shore. We also saw Port of Lost Wonder and it was 'inviting' us to try it and have a dip. So we 'accepted' the invitation and came back the next day, a Sunday, a family day! Hohoo!!! While we were swimming, my brother spent his entire day at Universal Studios alone. We purposely did not accompany him at USS because we've been there thrice! 

We parted ways outside USS, wasted no time and headed immediately to POLW located at Palawan Beach. Tired to walk, we rode the Sentosa Express and in a few minutes, we alighted at the last station, the Beach Station. We walked a few meters and we finally reached our destination. 


It's swimming time! 



This felt like a teaser. Meaning, we were so near with our family adventure!



CURIO EXCHANGE
Adventure started here. We paid S$15 only for our son's admission while ours were free! Yes FREE! Cool, right?! 

Paid the admission fee and we were given a Port Pass. Curio coins are to be picked-up here. 


What are Curio Coins? 

These are like a "currency" in which they can "buy activities" that are taking place all day in POLW. The pass helps to track of completed activities. The more you participated in the activities, the more you reap rewards.  
Photo Credit: www.sweetmemoirs.com
This I will keep as a souvenir. My son's 1st Port Pass! :) 


Port of Lost Wonder
Just by looking at it made me want to swim pronto! I was really excited for my son. I know how he loves water so much! Dominating the entire pool is this humongous pirate ship. I can see my son had a blast with this family-friendly, first ever kids' club by the sea here in Sentosa particularly on Palawan Beach! I personally love the pool and the totality of the whole resort itself. It is perfect for your little darlings. They have crews that keep a lookout for the kids. It is safe to run too, as the floor is rough (don't know what it's called) and you won't get slide easily. You know kids are always on the run, literally. 


I was really happy because it was only the three of us. My husband is an Overseas Foreign Worker (OFW) in Singapore and spending more time with him is so precious for me and my son.
 I guard my son first while my husband had to do his part first, taking pictures! Hahaha! And then he ordered delicious foods for us and later joined us in the pool.

#mamaJackieSelfie (Didn't noticed the garbage bin beside me.) 

Felt like raining, son?

The crew approached us here. This was not allowed. No climbing up on this basin-like thing. Opppssss! 

The water was cold at the beginning but was long gone once we were used to it. 

Let's not stop yet, papa! Put me down! hehehe

One of the rules: Babies/Toddlers MUST wear diaper. 

Up for a slide. 

Their turn (slide).

Palawan Beach (outside POLW).


Port Belly
Hungry? Fret not. Port Belly serves yummy foods such as what we ordered below which were my son's favorites. By the way, outside foods are not allowed inside. 
Photo Credit to the owner.

All for the three of us. And we didn't finished everything. Not because it was not yummy. But because it was more than for two and a half bellies. 

We were not able to participate in other activities as swimming alone made up our day. Swimming was our way of bonding and making up for lost time. We felt like a kid again. We swam, dived, glided, played with our son and it was so exciting! Relieving life at its finest. I am so thankful for having a child because we get to relive life again, seeing the world again through his very eyes. I am forever grateful to God for that. My son (us too) was overjoyed by it. I'm sure most kids did. 

Thanks for reading! 

xoxo,
jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment